Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 34 tue: project presentation, shopping

9AM, PM final presentation and I noticed that everyone was dressed really smartly in formal clothing, guys and girls in shirts. Maybe it’s just my class, because our lecturers aren’t as particular of what we wear?
We were the 4th group to present, as compared to the previous presentation, we were more prepared and we didn’t make any mistakes as compared to the other groups! Greatest news ever! we really put in a lot of effort to recheck and recheck the gantt chart and AON diagrams and everything! Special thanks to Noor and Eline who stayed up late to recheck and compile everything.
This being the last PM lesson, we are free till the end of this trip to do whatever we want at anytime we want (still abiding the rules of course). They returned to “Yes I do” to get their free treatment while I sat there watching the videos that were on my IPod. It was an excruciating wait because I had no one to accompany me and I couldn’t leave the seats because I had their bags :/
After they had their hair done, we had dinner at Pizza hut, and I have to say, the service at” guang gu” is way better than any other Pizza hut I’ve had here! Not only were they quick in taking orders, they also severed us within a reasonable time.









Reflection:
Today being the last PM lesson I shall summarise what I’ve learnt. A project manager isn’t a simple job, a lot of decisions rely on you, one wrong decision, and the activities following that will go haywire! It’s not as simple as we think, planning an activity requires plenty of thinking and careful planning without the project manager guidance the project will have plenty of problems!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment